Course selection for the 2021-2022 academic year begins February 12, 2021, and ends March 1, 2021.
Each year at the start of the second semester, students in grades 8-11 use OnCourse Connect to request high school courses to be taken in the upcoming school year. Placement in academic courses is based on a student meeting the eligibility requirements for the course.
The steps in the course selection process are as follows:
- Teachers enter academic courses for which students are eligible.
- Students enter four (4) electives that they would be happy taking.
- Counselors will make appointments with all students to discuss an overall program plan, including appropriate modifications to course requests for the upcoming school year.
- If you do not meet the eligibility requirements for a course, see your school counselor for a waiver form. Waiver forms must be returned to your school counselor by April 12, 2021.
- If you decide to change an elective request AFTER meeting with your counselor, you must contact your counselor to make the change; do NOT make the change through OnCourse Connect.
- Student requests for changes in electives will not be accepted after April 12, 2021.
Ready to Select Your Electives?
STEP 1: Watch this video: 2021 Course Selection (Video)
STEP 2: View the course descriptions and prerequisites for all classes in the 2021-2022 Program of Studies.